1. Milk & Honey- I posted about this book on Instagram last month & it’s been on my mind since. I’ve revisited the book of amazing poems time & time again since my first read. I like to go to certain poems in the book, either to prompt a venting session in my journal or to get some encouragement when I have tough days. Honestly, I think every woman needs this book in their arsenal. Also, I dare men to give this one a read through just to get an inside look at a woman’s world.
2. African Black Soap- Life Saver! In a nutshell, this soap is great for combo/oily skin. But do proceed with caution because it can be drying. I use this when my skin is breaking out, and I need to dry up any emerging pimples.
3. Au Lait Bath Products- TJ MAXX is truly the plug. Thanks to Mia Ray, I’m hip to the Scotland-based company that produces some of the most amazing bath products. So far I’ve spotted the Body Butter, Creamy Body Wash, Bathing Milk and the Extra Large Soap Bar. And have purchased all of them. Sue Me. The scent is the selling point for me, it is so lightly fragranced and allows for perfect layering with other scents/perfumes! With ingredients like glycerin and cocoa butter, my skin soaks it up and remains moisturized. Oh, and it’s paraben free.
4. Aveeno Whipped Souffle- Glycerin. Glycerin. Glycerin. Another toiletry that I absolutely love! I’ve purchased this gem more than once, which says a lot for me because I’m self-diagnosed product junkie. I love to jump from product to product and give everything a shot. But this bad boy is a staple in my shower routine. This is LOVE for the skin right after the shower as the cocoa and shea butter locks in the moisture from the water on your skin. Lather this on after patting (don’t rub) dry and thank me later.
5. Black Radiance Soft Focus Powder - Currently my skin is going through some changes. My cystic acne has calmed down, but I do have occasional breakouts, so my makeup application has needed some adjusting. My usual routine was BB cream, concealer, mascara, brow powder, & a little translucent powder. However, with the hyperpigmentation and minor breakouts, I have to scale back. Even with watching a million and one YouTube videos, my makeup skills are less than so I’m not skilled enough to conceal those problems areas. So right now powder is all I use and my favorite at the moment is the Black Radiance Soft Focus Powder! I love it so much, I’ve purchased all 3 shades. It’s lightweight and gives a light color payoff. While it evens my complexion, it does a great job of blurring the dark spots and fine lines.